Wednesday, April 2, 2008

About Me

I have never worked in a blog before so this has been an interesting experience for me. I have made several attempts to make it look the way I want, and get my information out for everyone to view. I am hoping this is the winner.

Anyway here is a bit about me:
My name is Brooke Langley, soon to be Brooke Hart. I am 28 years old and currently live in Temecula, moving to Vista area in August. I just got engaged 3/22, at dinner just after this class, it was an awesome surprise :)
I have lived in Temecula for 21years. I went to Rancho Elementary School (starting in 3rd grade), Margarita Middle School and then Temecula Valley High School. I have seen the city grow tremendously, to me it is sad. I work Full time for the Temecula Valley School District, and go to school full time at CSUSM. My goal is to become a High School Special Education teacher for any district that needs me and won't pink slip me the following year!


So lets see my technology experience. I am a computer problem (it is never the computers fault it is always mine!) I took a Computer science class and learned all about Word2007. I am use to Word 2003 so it was very different, it took me forever to find the new page, and save icons, they are under the office button in case you wanted to know. I need the computer every day for school, because of my online classes and my classes where the teacher implants webct6. I find that once I navigate my through the entire program I am good to go, but I know there are features I am not using because I don't know about them.
I also use the computer for work every day. It is pretty much the same think I use what I know how to but I know I am missing out on short cuts and awesome features because no one has ever taken the time to show me how to use the programs fully.
I also send personal e-mails to friends and family, I am trying to get my Grandma to buy a computer, but she says she isn't ready for the technology upgrade, she would be starting from the very beginning.

In reading the Mission Statement I think that "We are committed to educational equality" stands out to me most. I think this is awesome, because there are so many different types of students out there with different things going on in their personal life who depend on school being their constant. In some students lives school is the only place that they have access to any type of technology. This statement is extremely important to me because every child is an individual and learns in their own way and this to me demonstrates the understanding of all this.

In answering you question about implementing technology into the classroom, I am very excited. This will be a wonderful opportunity for students and teachers to learn and keep up with the constantly growing and ever changing technology world.

No comments: