Thursday, April 3, 2008

Inspiration 8

This is my Inspiration 8 creation. I decided to create a Homework to do list for the week. This would benefit any student no matter what grade.
I am teaching High School Special Education students, so creating a fun visual chart to help them remember their homework would help them tremendously.
Not only do they get to see what they need to do and when it is due, they get to have fun creating the chart, which in turn is helping them get excited about their assignments.
They can print it out or just save it in a file and continue checking it. If they save it they can also add on another link to each assignment and create an image for their grade.
Awesome software!

My Inspiration8 Software Review:

I loved this program. I thought it was very user friendly. I watched a few of the tutorials, but the computer I was working on didn't have sound at the time, so I just navigated it on my own. It was not difficult to use at all, that is good for me, and anyone else that has a computer deficiency. I created my project from scratch, and had no problems. Later I was given headphones to listen to the tutorials but I had almost finished by then. I believe that I will watch a few more tutorials to further my education with this program so that I can learn all the tricks and cool features it contains.

There are so many different ways to incorporate this software into my classroom. I would love to have them create a weekly Homework chart, like I did,
so that they can see what needs to be done and when it is due, they get to have fun creating the chart, which in turn is helping them get excited about their assignments and teaching how to use a great program. They can also use it to brainstorm for papers and move the brainstorm into the outline stage to create their paper. This software will be very beneficial to my special education students because most of them are visual learners and this program helps them create a visual look at what needs to be done, written or whatever.

I personally love the Atomic Learning site because I need that kind of help. I thought it was so wonderful to find all of these different software programs on there. It is very important for me to be able to watch, listen and learn. This is a fantastic site because I can go on and look up any of the software I have and find out how to actually use it. I have a tendency to learn the basics, and thats it. With Atomic Learning I can actually see what my software has to offer and what I as a user can do with it. Each little step by step program gives the learner just enough information, not an overwhelming amount to learn. I will definitely continue to use this site or any other site that offers video tutorials as a learning tool.

No comments: