Thursday, April 3, 2008

Journal # 8 iMovie & Inspiration 8 Review

My iMovie Software Review:


I thought this was such a fun assignment. I am a bit of a perfectionist so it took me longer than it should have. I had used windows movie maker so I was familiar with the process. I think that iMovie has more options and is more user friendly than windows movie maker for sure. I believe that students would enjoy creating their own movie. It gives you a sense of accomplishment to know that you actually put it together piece by piece and it looks good. It was very helpful and less time consuming to have all the clips and music already downloaded. This is not a difficult stem, so students can do it, but in a time crunch it helps when the teacher sets it up for them.

This could be something that the class worked on as a group or in pairs. I will be teaching High School Special Education mainstreaming them so that they can work together with another class would not only benefit my students, but the other students as well. It can be a movie on any number of things. I believe I would have them create a movie about team work. This would be a fun experience, and can be done on campus. My students could do any number of movies on their own though. They could do a Biology iMovie on different plants and animals in different habitats. They could do an iMovie called a day in my shoes, showing other students how they spend their day. This is a grate piece of software that I would love to have available for my students.

I think that the visual tutorial is key. This particular software has many different abilities and you want to know about them all, how to use them and access them. With the video tutorials this is easily done in a step by step process. The user can choose what they want to learn first and start the project and continue on watching, listening, creating and learning all at the same time. I love the Atomic Learning site, and would love to have a subscription when I become a teacher, to not only benefit my students, but to keep me updated and ready to implement technology into my class.

No comments: